"Imagine a city where graffiti wasn't illegal, a city where everybody drew whatever they liked. Where every street was awash with a million colours and little phrases. Where standing at a bus stop was never boring. A city that felt like a party where everyone was invited, not just the estate agents and barons of big business. Imagine a city like that and stop leaning against the wall - it's wet. “ - Banksy


it was bloody cold.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Exhausted.


Legs are aching. Each step is a killer, and the stairs are bastards. I feel like a creaky robot. Actually when I say legs are aching I mean every single muscle in my body. I will marry the next person to give me a massage. My voice is husky and I can barely stay awake. 17 hours of relaying and chanting from 4pm - 9am this morning and now all I want to do is snuggle up in my bed with the lekky blanket. Did anyone else hear that? Seventeen hours! SLEEP. Is what I want and haven't had since Friday night. It's Sunday night now by the way...yay.
This weekend was Relay 4 Life. It was at Frankkitts park and there were about 40 teams. We came a damn decent fourth place. We were third equal for most of it and even held second for an hour. Though that could have been purely due to the fact that our batons got electronically switched for 40 minutes by mistake...I challenge this theory. We were obviously just rully rully good ay. Relay 4 Life was so much fun! We joined forces with RC and without them we woulda seriously struggled. Some of those guys ran so fast for so long. When I was standing at the checkpoints there would be people running past who were honestly going three times faster than I could at my best...their faces were scrunched up with concentration to try and hold themselves into the corner and not smash into people. Semi-successful. I want to run like that! But can I be faffed? I donnae think so.
When it got dark the candles were lit. They were made by many of the families and were amazing. They had to be lit inside in the car park this year but they were still beautiful, and it was so moving to see all of these people, cancer survivors and family of those who lost someone, all together. Cancer is so upsetting and I think having events like Relay 4 Life means that people feel not so alone, knowing that there are so many people who want to support them.
Also the heavens opened up and I did Zumba in it. We had such a good time! Shakin' dat bootay and poppin' our chests lyk da ghetto mofos we were.
I am doing this next year for sure (Relay 4 Life, not the bootay shakin' I mean. Though, could do both...)........................SLEEP. Also just realised I have an unused massage voucher from Christmas.
Hello, hubby ;)
SLEEP. I need it. Excuse me while I go doze. My bed awaits.

No comments:

Post a Comment